Monday, March 11, 2013

"Time Warp Collectibles"

 I was standing in the shop yesterday, after Steve and Sandy finished re-stocking their booth. They're the couple that have the consignment section at Next Act, that carries all the fun Retro pieces. I guess it never dawned on me what "Time Warp Collectibles" meant until just then. I now get it!!!
 Their pieces evoke memories of my childhood, as I'm sure they'll do to a lot of you. I can remember the tables, pictures and ceramics they have scattered throughout their section.
 I even remember having the dark haired little girl in my bedroom when I was little. Do you recognize these?
 How many Mom's or Grandma's had this unique sewing table? How convenient would that be for a hand quilter to have, just set it next to your chair and have everything right at your fingertips.

 This sideboard - buffet looks like something one of my relatives had. Good memories.
 Ceramic classes? They were big back then.  I think we all must have seen one of these from time to time. If you watch the show "Mad Men" on TV, they show them all the time. Remember when your parents would go to the neighbors for a "get-together"? Chances are, they had one on their coffee table.
Here's 3 classic styles. I love them, so unique.
 If you haven't seen Steve and Sandy's booth, stop by and check it out. They add new things weekly, you never know what you might find.

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment