Sunday, March 3, 2013

A transformation of a transformation

 A little while ago we got in a wonderful dresser. It was a bit worn in the inside, but the basic frame is sturdy and the hardware all in tact.

After looking at it for a several days I decided that it would be great to paint it a bold, rich cheddar. From my Fabric Town days, I had fallen in love with Civil War Reproduction Prints, Cheddar was one of my favorite colors to add a bright pop to a quilt. So I transformed it from worn stained wood, to the new Cheddar with distressed edges to let the wood peek through.

Several weeks went by and all sorts of  people admired the color and thought it was perfect for the style etc. But still it wasn't going home with anyone.

Well, one afternoon in walks Nancy N. and her Mom and they like what they see.... but not in Cheddar. Nancy wants it totally painted a new way.  Her choice was Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in Shutter Gray and Ironstone. We moved the dresser into the back of the shop for me to re-do it.

I wasn't looking forward to covering the Cheddar. Several of our customers that saw it in the corner by the workshop door wanted to purchase it as is... but Nancy N. had already paid for it so the new transformation was about to happen..............
Ta da...here is the transformation, from Cheddar to Shutter Gray with Ironstone drawers. I have to admit, it's wonderful. Shutter Gray is one of my favorite Mustard Seed colors but I was just not picturing this dresser in that particular color. Well, I was wrong - it's just as attractive as the Cheddar.  Nancy N. picks it up this week, I hope this is what she was imagining for her room.

Keep creating,
Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment