Saturday, November 24, 2012

Cheddar.. and I don't mean cheese.

It's a very well known fact that I don't like cheese. But somehow I've fallen in love with Cheddar. You guessed it, the color not the dairy product. You would not believe the makeover this dresser went through. Nancy's husband Kevin totally stripped it down to the bare wood. Usually with the milk paint or our special chalk paint we can just go over the old surface. Not in this case, it was a mess. Well not any more. Kevin did a great job of removing the old varnish and fixing the other areas that were in need of help.
 I love old hardware. In a lot of cases we paint over it if it's in rough shape. This case was different. The hardware had a wonderful patina on it and was easy to remove. The photos aren't the best but it was hard to get a close up that wasn't a little blurry.


I've seen alot of drawer pulls but never ones like this.

Now back to the Cheddar thing, I had no idea how versatile the color was. I found when getting ready to put out the new pieces, that it goes with Navy and Red.


It goes with Linen, Boxwood and Periwinkle.

Just a little pile of combinations ready to go out. 

This is the Linen with the periwinkle and olive.

Fun combination here. I think what I like the best about Cheddar, it's a happy color. When we get into the middle of winter - we'll all be needing something a little bright and cheery. Just a touch of Cheddar and all is good.

Funky fun candlesticks... 


 I think I better move onto a different color today. I know that we have had requests or more black. Not to worry, that's one color that we are constantly working on.

More later, keep warm.
Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment