Wednesday, November 21, 2012

All in a days work.

This is one of those pieces that you can't wait to re-do. I knew the minute Nan brought it in what color I wanted to do it in and how I hoped it would turn out.

After getting most of my projects done yesterday, I got in at 7:30 this morning and got started on the makeover.

I like when the pieces have a little detail. Carved legs or trims distress well and add character.

I love this color combination.

I added a little distressing to the edges and trims. Gave it a time worn vintage look.

What a difference from the worn out lacquered finish it started with. It never fails to amaze me how wonderful a piece can look when given a little TLC and of course a few coats of paint.   
 That's it for today. Tomorrow's Thanksgiving, I hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends. Jeff and I will be home with Quahog enjoying my favorite meal.

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment