Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Coffee Bean Chair

I apologize for so many of my blogs being about chairs... but I told you I was addicted. My favorite being the ones you can upholster. Thankfully Nancy keeps getting them in. I have 3 of these chairs and was not sure what I wanted to cover then in. Awhile ago, I saw something that I decided if I found the right chair, I would do it.

All I needed to do it was a box of Milk Paint in Tricycle, a solo cup, brush, spoon, bonding agent and water.

I ordered in the coffee bean bags awhile ago so I'd be ready when I found the chair. My plan was to cover the seat with the bean bag. For that you need a staple gun and scissors

I removed the seat, cut the bean bag to size and stapled it on. I left the old upholstery on since it was in really good condition and gave a little stability to the burlap.

I painted the chair frame in the Tricycle. As a finish I used a thin coat of Varithane. I wanted it a bit shiny so I used a satin finish. It just makes the milk paint really rich in color. It's hard to see in this photo, the red doesn't look bright enough.

Well here you have it... before and after. The Coffee Bag is double sided. On the back is a lot of writing. I think I may do the other chair using that left over side.  I do think Juan Valdez would be proud of me. What do you think??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment