Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New day, New project.

Today, I'm going to finally put the finishing wax on my latest project.
 This is a "before" photo of the top of the hutch I've been transforming. It has lovely leaded glass doors and soft inside lighting. So often the pieces we're working on are in rough shape and require a lot of additional work - this was in excellent shape and fun to work on.

Nancy and her husband Kevin went on a trip last weekend and brought back a van full of wonderful antiques and treasures. Just worked on one of them yesterday. There's a companion piece that I hope to get to sometime this afternoon. It makes you feel good to take a piece of furniture that has been around for 80 years, and from the condition it's in you can tell it's been truly loved and used every day.  A bit of paint and a little TLC and I can rejuvenate it so that it has 80 more years to be loved.

I've come to the conclusion that I need to go to National Camera. The quality of the photos that my little camera produces don't do justice to the projects I'm working on. I need one that will let me show you some of the detail. We have lovely antiques that my Cannon just doesn't photograph well. A trip to the camera store is on my list.

Nancy and I are still hoping for an October opening. We want to have time to do quality work and not have to rush. The wait will be well worth it.... 

I'm having fun, doing something creative and enjoying every minute of it. 

 On a separate note:  I've been emailed about Quahog. He hasn't had much time to blog but he's doing well. He has a kennel at the shop and his Aunt Nancy lets him stay in her office. Right now he's a little bit of a pest while there. It's going to take a little while for him to settle in - it's all new to him. He will be celebrating his 2nd birthday on Saturday. Can you believe he's already 2?

Hope you all have a great day.. be creative.
Patti


No comments:

Post a Comment