Sunday, November 18, 2012

Welcome to the Workshop.

 I keep saying I'm going to start charging for tours of our workshop. Every day we have people wanting to see where we do our painting and makeovers. I love seeing their faces, it's a lot larger and with more stuff than they expected. So now I'll give you a tour. Enter through this door....
 I realize it looks unorganized and messy. It is, but in a way that Nancy and I know exactly where our things are. At any given time, we have 6 things in the works. Painting, distressing, sanding and waxing.
 
 This is a pile of things to be worked on. Eventually, every item will get it's makeover. As soon a we get things done and room to move, more things come in to fill it up again. At the rate things are selling, it's a good thing they keep coming.

 I'm working on this hutch, it's a big job so I work on it a little at a time while other projects are drying. It's easier and more efficient to work on several things that are being done in the same color. I have my own production line.
 We have 16 foot ceilings and just had the lighting lowered, it was really dark with the lights so high. We had planned on having our workshops back here but its a little chilly and as you can see, not that attractive.
 In here there is also a restroom, large office and small kitchen. We have everything we need to spend a comfortable day working. This is where we can be found Monday thru Wednesday, if we arent' out looking for more projects.
This is the door to the little loading dock out back, in our case, unloading dock. These things just came in for me to work on for our upcoming event in White Bear Lake.

Well, that's it. I'm not sure if it was the dollar tour, but I hope you liked seeing "behind the scenes".

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment