Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Before and After

Of all the chairs I've made over, this is my favorite. I love the shape, the harp back is such a timeless style.

The legs are great. I love knobs and spindles. When you distress them, they really take on a vintage look and feel.

The way the paint works with the old finish to create an antiqued look is wonderful. I like the fact that you just apply it and it does it's own thing. This color, once again... my favorite "Tricycle". As I've been finding out - I'm not the only one who loves it. It's our biggest seller in "Miss Mustard Seed" Milk Paint.

Here is the finished piece. I fell in love with this fabric. It has a vintage yet funky feel. The way the red in the chair matches the red flowers made it a perfect choice. Mix traditional with funky and you get Edgy.

This was the before photo I posted of the little stool I was working on for the "Holiday Market". I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.

This would be cute in so many places. How about in the entry way to put your shoes on? Bathroom? I'm sure you could find your own area to use a little stool.  
Hope you liked my transformations. It's fun to take a piece that has seen better days and give it a facelift - or as we like to say a "Next Act".

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment